Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can i substitute dried parsley for fresh parsley on a lasagna recipe?

im making lasagna and the recipe says i should use fresh parsley for it but i only have dried parsley will it still work?Can i substitute dried parsley for fresh parsley on a lasagna recipe?
Yes, but dried parsley tends to be bitter so I would just leave it out or use dried basil instead.Can i substitute dried parsley for fresh parsley on a lasagna recipe?
You sure can. Just remember to substitute 1 teaspoon of dried for 1 tablespoon of fresh. I substitute dried herbs for fresh all the time. Much much cheaper and saves trips to the market to buy grossly overpriced fresh herbs.
Yes you can.





Let me hand you a great website I found a few years ago. It has been a great resource for me. Maybe it will help you from time to time. It gives the origin and use of foods and spices. As well as substitutes for them.http://www.foodsubs.com/
just leave it out. Parsley has no real flavor in lasagna. just keep to the Oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder.
You can, no prob. Just use one teaspoon dried for each tablespoon of fresh that the recipe calls for
yes! and I'm sure it will taste much better too because of it! =]
Yes, use 1/3 as much dried parsley (or other herbs) as you would fresh. Of course, I like parsley alot so sometimes I use more than a recipe calls for!





Enjoy your lasagna!

No comments:

Post a Comment