Thursday, January 7, 2010

Would it be ok to add can spinach into a home made lasagna recipe?

The recipe does not call for spinach but i would like to add it in, it is the only way i can get vegetables in to these children's diet... and I don't have enough time to go to the store after workWould it be ok to add can spinach into a home made lasagna recipe?
Yes, my kids don't know half the veggies they've eaten over the years...LOL!Would it be ok to add can spinach into a home made lasagna recipe?
Yes, but for future I would use frozen. Look on the can for the sodium content. Most canned items other than fruit are loaded with sodium, there are a few things that are low sodiu or no salt added.





For tonight it is fine, but just as a heads up for future ues.





And also drain it well. Put it in a collander or ina cleam dish towel, bring up the sides and start to twist so that you can get a bunch of the liquid out, other wise you may end up with watery lasagna.








You could also add grated carrots, onions, zicchini, yellow crooked neck squash, etc....
You bet. I always put spinach, zucchini, grated carrot, etc. into spaghetti or lasagna sauce! Don't forget to keep offering it to the kids straight up, however, so they get used to eating them ';on purpose';; but this is a good option to help boost their intake. Makes us moms feel better!
My son use to hate cooked veggies..I bought myself a blender..when I made my pasta sauces I would blend them into a mush like baby food then added them to my ground beef. It made my sauce more hearty without the added meat. It gave my sauce more flavour too. Covered in cheese my son or husband noticed the extra veggies they ate.
Yes, definitely! Spinach is awesome in lasagna/casseroles. The kids won't be able to taste it, but they're getting the nutrients. Make sure you drain the spinach first, though, because it might add extra water to your dish.
Sure! I use frozen spinach in my lasagna all the time. Just make sure to really squeeze all the liquid out of your spinach so it doesn't make the dish watery. Just stir it into your ricotta filling.
Yes!


I went to reasturant once and they did that to my food and I didn't know untill I was done with it. It was really good and I don't even like spinach!
If that's all you have and it's for yourself, ok. If it's for company always use fresh.
sounds good, I love spinach.


Hopefully they wont pick it out and ask what it is
Mmmm that sounds yummy!
Yes.
thats a great idea

No comments:

Post a Comment