Thursday, December 24, 2009

Does anybody have a good lasagna recipe that they are willing to share?

I am not looking for a vegetarian lasagna, nor am I looking for links to a website. I am looking for good homeade lasagna recipes. Thanks!Does anybody have a good lasagna recipe that they are willing to share?
Here's how my sister makes it. I'm pretty sure. =]





You need:


Lasagna noodles (my sister buys two of those small-ish boxes at the store)


Hamburger meat


Tomato sauce (two cans does it for us)


Seasoning packet (if you can't find one for lasagna, you can use one for spaghetti)


Shredded mozzarella cheese (one bag at the store should be enough, but you might want to buy extra if you like it cheesey)


Cottage cheese (two small buckets)


A rectangular baking dish





Preheat oven to 350 degrees.





(1) Boil water and put the noodles in to soften them


(2) Cook the meat, drain the grease, add the tomato sauce and seasoning packet.


(3) Spray the baking dish with PAM or something, or very, very lightly butter it.


(4) Layer noodles in the bottom of the dish. Put the first at the edge, it should reach the length of the dish, then lay the next halfway on top of that one, etc. Or, you can lay them out side by side (usually three will cover the dish) then lay two more on the seams of those three. And then three on the seams of those two, so it's like a double layer.


(5) Put down a layer of the meat sauce. Not too thick, but not too thin.


(6) Spread a thin layer of cottage cheese.


(7) Sprinkle on some shredded cheese.


(8) Put down another layer of noodles the same as the first. Then the meat, the cottage cheese, and then the shredded cheese.


(9) Continue layering until the dish is full. Stop at the top with the layer of shredded cheese. We usually get three layers of noodles, meat, and cheeses.


(10) Place in oven until it's... done. Ours usually takes at least an hour, but sometimes more. When the cheese on top starts to darken a little, you can stick a butter knife in the center of the lasagna and pull it out. You want the cheese on the bottom layer to be melted and stringy.


(11) After you take the lasagna out, let it set. This will help it thicken up. I would say to let it set about 15 minutes, covered with either a towel or aluminum foil.





Other tidbits: You can make the layers as thick or thin as you want. Usually people prefer many thin layers. I like a couple of thick ones though. Also, if you don't want to use cottage cheese, you can use another kind of cheese you like.





Lasagna is great for making beforehand and then reheating. Makes a nice travel food for the holidays. Let it set out like in the instructions before placing it in the refrigerator if you plan to do that. Then, when you get o where you are going, you can just heat it up. But, of course, it can't be too long of a drive because of the cheese.





I hope this works out for you.Does anybody have a good lasagna recipe that they are willing to share?
This is easy





brown ground meat and drain grease then add one jar of original prego and cook for 30 mins. on low....(use bartolli no boil las. noodles) layer your pan with meat sauce then italian cheeses and cubes of cream cheese (only if you like cream cheese) and ricatta cheese ....then the no boil noodes and keep doing this until your pan is full last top with cheese bake about 45 mins.
Well everyone's recipes will be somewhat different and the same. Lasagna noodles and filler of your choice and cheese.





Need: noodles, meat, sauces, onions, bell peppers, celery, cheeses of your choice, (I do not like rocotta or cottage cheese that some people use)








1) make up your sauce, meats, veggies, whatever you want in a big pot.


Brown in some olive oil your onion, garlic, celery(if you want it) add ground beef (I like beef so I use a lot) Add italian spices(I just buy the already assort mix) Add lots of tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, which everyones you like. Make sure it is soupy, not dry. But not wattery





2) Get your loaf pan (I always seem to have so much sauce)


I usually end up with 2 pans) Line bottom of pan with sauce and then lay in a layer of lasagna noodles (uncooked) add layer of sauce, layer of your favorite cheeses, layer of noodles, layer of sauce, layer of cheese, until pan is full.





3) bake in low oven 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.I usually lay over a piece of foil to protect top and I put a piece of foil under pan to protect oven





4) Take it out and add more cheese and return to over for another 15 minutes for cheese to melt and maybe brown a little.





5) remove from oven and let stand for at least 20 to 30 minutes before serving.





I also use this recipe when I do a refrigerator clean up. I cut up all the different meats and add the left over veggies and add some red sauce if it is mostly beef and add some cream of chicken soup if it is mostly chicken and layer it all together with cheese and lasagna noodles. RECYCLED left overs.





Hope this isn't too ';general'; for you.
This is my lasagna recipe--it is met with lots of praise whenever I make it, so I hope you like it too...





al dente cooked lasagna noodles


marinara sauce


1 lb ground beef, browned and drained


1 lb ground italian sausage, browned and drained


1 package cream cheese, softened


1 small container ricotta cheese, whipped with 1 egg


1 lb mozzarella cheese





I layer sauce, noodles, cream cheese, ricotta, meats, mozzarella cheese, etc until the pan is full (mozzarella is the top). Bake covered with foil for an hour, then uncovered until the cheese on top is a little browned. Let it rest for at least 10 minutes or you;ll have soup when you cut it. Do not use a foil pan--they aren't thick enough, and your lasagna will dry out.





I know the cream cheese is odd, but it adds a wonderful creamy aspect to the dish. Nobody can tell its in there, but it really adds alot.
I'll send it to you in an email; I don't care to share it with everyone.


I get loads of compliments on my lasagna %26amp; people even pay me to make it.


It's not that traditional but taste great.


If you try my receipe please let me know if you like it.
This is my absolute favorite lasagna. Pretty time consuming and it does use lots of veggies, but it is sooooo good!


http://www.recipezaar.com/71864

No comments:

Post a Comment